Rhythmical Alchemy Playshop with Arthur Hull! with Arthur Hull
Are you ready for some FUN?! Arthur Hull is coming back to San Antonio!
Rhythmical Alchemy Playshop™ is for everyone! No experience is necessary.
Escape the outside world and play with your rhythm community in Arthur’s one-of-a-kind musical sandbox. This experiential, family-friendly event offers people of all ages and backgrounds a playful and safe environment to explore the power of rhythm in our lives.
In the Rhythmical Alchemy Playshop™ our rhythm community builds as we play, sing, dance and drum together. Using contact improvisation, vocals, rhythmical games, hand drumming and drum circle consciousness, we create musical fun in a nurturing place.
Explore expressive activities through musical ice-breakers, rhythm-play, vocal games, songs and theater improv for community-building fun!
This weekend experiential playshop provides 20 hours of rhythmical exploration, practice and fun! Facilitators of all backgrounds and experience levels will gain innovative motivational techniques and inspirational activities suitable for multiple group applications. Learn new approaches to recreational drumming!
Touch, feel, listen, express with drums, whistles, chimes, gongs, bells, wood, metal, and more. Ice-breakers! Rhythm Play! Vocal games! Songs! Theater improv!
This weekend experiential playshop provides 18-20 hours of rhythmical exploration, practice and fun! Facilitators of all backgrounds and experience levels will gain innovative motivational techniques and inspirational activities suitable for , many different age groups, school activities, multiple group applications. Learn new approaches to recreational drumming!
Who Should Attend
• The Rhythmical Alchemy Playshop™ is for everyone!
• Teachers * Music Educators * Activities Directors * Music Therapists
• It is especially recommended for the playfully challenged
• DCFs ready to stretch their rhythm sensibilities are encouraged to attend
• Families have attended together
• Past participants have ranged from ages 4 to 89!
This program will provide
• Playful rhythm games using drums -percussion - vocals and movement
• An exploration of basic & advanced rhythm and percussion skills.
• Practice using a variety of musical styles, forms and instruments.
• Musicality instruction through pitch dynamics, timbre discrimination & tempo variations.
• Experience of leading and following while playing in the groove.
• Musical improvisation experiences using a variety of instruments,
• body-music, vocals and group drumming activities.
Continuing Education Credits
Music therapists, social workers, college students and teachers may earn Continuing Education and Professional Development Credits through our training programs. CEU info
Arthur Hull is known throughout the world as an inspirational presenter, a skilled group facilitator and a motivational trainer. As a rhythm ambassador, Arthur travels the world inspiring community-building through the metaphor of music. His pioneering Rhythm Facilitation work has touched the lives of thousands of people world-wide, instigating the growing profession of the community Drum Circle Facilitator.
Join us for this exciting rhythm experience!!
March 27-29, 2020
Playshop Fee: $350 / Early Registration Discount by Jan 15. When signing up, click the 'early registration' button.
$400, after Jan 15
To sign up for this amazing weekend, go to: